Top 10 Locs Styles for Every Occasion:
Inspiring Ideas and How-to Guides
Are you tired of the same old hairstyles for every occasion?
Are you Looking for a fresh and unique way to rock your locks? Locs' inherent versatility and timeless appeal are perfect for various occasions.
From formal affairs to casual outings and even special celebrations, locs can be styled in countless ways to suit your taste and the event's ambience.
In this article, we will delve into the world of locs and offer you a treasure trove of inspiration, complete with step-by-step guides and styling tips, to help you achieve stunning locs styles that will turn heads wherever you go.
Get ready to unlock the full potential of your Dreadlocks and embrace their beauty like never before. Let's dive right in!
Formal and Professional Locs Styles
Regarding formal events, locs can be styled to exude elegance and professionalism. These sophisticated loc styles are perfect for weddings, galas, or corporate events. Here are some inspiring ideas and how-to guides for achieving these formal locs styles:
Classic Loc Bun
The classic loc bun is a timeless and elegant updo for women with locs with locs. It combines the sophistication of a high bun with the natural beauty of locs. By gathering your locs into a sleek and polished bun, you can achieve a chic and professional look that is perfect for formal events or professional settings.
Add your personal touch with decorative hairpins or accessories to make it uniquely yours.
- Step 1: Gather your locs into a high ponytail at the crown of your head.
- Step 2: Twist or braid the ponytail and wrap it around its base to form a bun.
- Step 3: Secure the bun with bobby pins or hair elastics, ensuring it feels secure.
- Step 4: Tuck any loose ends or flyaways into the bun and secure them with additional pins.
- Step 5: Use a styling gel or pomade to smooth down any frizz or baby hairs for a polished finish.
- Step 6: Optional: Add decorative hairpins, flowers, or accessories to personalise your updo.
Half-Up Half-Down Loc Twist
The half-up half-down loc twist is a versatile and stylish option for both men and women with locs. You create a beautiful contrast between the two styles by twisting the upper section of your locs towards the back and leaving the lower section loose.
This look is effortlessly elegant and can be dressed up or down for various occasions. Embrace your individuality by experimenting with different twist sizes and textures.
- Step 1: Part your locs horizontally, dividing them into two sections: upper and lower.
- Step 2: Take the upper section and twist it towards the back of your head.
- Step 3: Secure the twisted section with bobby pins or hair elastics, creating a half-up half-down style.
- Step 4: Leave the lower section of locs loose or style it in loose waves or curls for added elegance.
- Step 5: Optional: Use a styling cream or edge control gel to define and smooth the twists.
Low Loc Man Bun with Undercut
The low-loc man bun with an undercut is a modern and edgy variation of the traditional man bun.
You create a striking contrast by shaving or fading the sides and back of your head and keeping the locs on top long. The low bun at the back adds a touch of refinement, while the undercut gives a bold and contemporary twist.
This style is perfect for men who want to showcase their locs while embracing a more daring aesthetic.
- Step 1: Shave or fade the sides and back of your head, leaving the locs on top long.
- Step 2: Gather the top section of your locs into a low ponytail at the back of your head.
- Step 3: Twist or braid the ponytail tightly and wrap it around its base to create a bun.
- Step 4: Secure the bun with a hair tie or hairband, ensuring it feels secure.
- Step 5: Use a comb or your fingers to smooth down the edges of your hair for a clean look.
Casual and Everyday Locs Styles
Casual and everyday locs styles offer a comfortable and fashionable option for both men and women. Whether running errands, meeting friends, or simply going about your day, these versatile looks allow you to embrace your locs while maintaining an effortless style.
This section will explore some trendy and practical locs styles suitable for men and women alike.
The Locs Crown Braid
The locs crown braid involves braiding the locs along the hairline, creating a beautiful crown-like effect around the head. This style keeps the locs neatly in place and adds a touch of regality to your overall appearance.
The locs crown braid works well for both men and women, and it can be customised to suit different hair lengths and thicknesses. With patience and practice, you can master this impressive updo and make a statement wherever you go.
- Step 1: Prep your locs by ensuring they are clean and well-maintained.
- Step 2: Create a clean centre part from your forehead to the nape of your neck.
- Step 3: Start on one side.Take a small section of locs near your hairline. Begin braiding, incorporating additional locs.
- Step 4: Continue braiding around your head, following your natural hairline and keeping the braid tight.
- Step 5: Complete the braid by continuing it down to the ends and secure it with a hair elastic or fabric strip.
- Step 6: Use bobby pins to secure loose ends and apply styling gel or pomade to smooth down frizz.
- Step 7: Optional: Decorate and personalise the braid with decorative hairpins, flowers, or accessories.
Side-swept locs offer a stylish and versatile look that suits both males and females.
This casual yet sophisticated style allows you to showcase the natural beauty of your locs while adding a touch of flair. Whether you have long or short locs, side-swept locs are perfect for various occasions, from everyday wear to special events.
Let's dive into a step-by-step guide on how to achieve this trendy look:
- Step 1: Prep your locs by ensuring they are clean and slightly damp.
- Step 2: Create a deep side part on the desired side of your head.
- Step 3: Gently sweep the locs from one side to the other, securing them with bobby pins or hairpins.
- Step 4: Optional: Add decorative hairpins, beads, or accessories for personalisation.
- Step 5: Set the style with a light-hold hairspray or styling product.
Locs In Loose Waves
Locs in loose waves offer a stunning combination of natural texture and bohemian flair.
This style allows you to embrace the unique beauty of your locs while adding a touch of softness and movement.
Whether you have long or short locs, creating loose waves can elevate your look for casual outings or special occasions.
- Step 1: Prepare clean and dry locs.
- Step 2: Section your locs for easier styling.
- Step 3: Wrap small sections of locs around flexi rods or a curling wand from root to end.
- Step 4: Allow the locs to be set by air-drying or using a diffuser on low heat.
- Step 5: Release the locs from the flexi rods or curling wand and gently separate the waves.
- Step 6: Optional: Enhance the wave pattern with a light spritz of sea salt spray or texturising spray.
Creative and Special Occasion Locs Styles
Creative and special occasion locs styles offer a unique opportunity to showcase your personality and make a statement.
Here are a few ideas for creative and special occasion locs styles:
Colourful locs offer a unique and eye-catching way to express your personality and showcase your creativity. By incorporating vibrant and bold colours into your locs you can transform your hairstyle into a stunning work of art.
Whether you opt for a single vibrant hue, a spectrum of shades, or even a temporary colour experiment, colourful locs are a fantastic way to make a statement.
- Step 1: Choose your desired colours for your locs.
- Step 2: Ensure your locs are clean and dry before applying colour.
- Step 3: Protect your clothing and surroundings from potential staining.
- Step 4: Apply the colour to each section of your locs, saturating them from root to tip.
- Step 5: Allow the colour to process according to the instructions provided.
- Step 6: Rinse your locs with cool water until the water runs clear, then moisturise and air dry.
- Step 7: Maintain and protect your colourful locs with colour-safe products and proper care.
Loc accessories offer a wonderful opportunity to add a touch of elegance, creativity, and personalisation to your locs.
These accessories can instantly transform your locs into unique and eye-catching hairstyles, from beads and cuffs to charms and wraps.
Whether attending a special occasion or simply wanting to express your individuality, Metal Tube DreadLoc accessories are the perfect way to elevate your style.
- Step 1: Select the loc accessories that complement your style and occasion.
- Step 2: Section your locs for easier application.
- Step 3: Prepare your locs by lightly misting them with water or a leave-in conditioner.
- Step 4: Slide the chosen accessory onto each loc, either threading it through or clamping it around the loc.
- Step 5: Mix and match different accessories for a personalised look.
- Step 6: Secure and adjust the accessories to ensure they are evenly distributed and in your desired position.
- Step 7: Enjoy your beautifully accessorised locs and embrace your unique style.
Intricate Braided Designs
Create intricate braided patterns within your locs for a stunning and visually captivating style. To achieve a truly detailed and artistic look, you can experiment with various braiding techniques, such as fishtail braids, cornrows, or interwoven designs.
- Step 1: Prepare clean and dry locs.
- Step 2: Section your locs for easier braiding.
- Step 3: Choose a braiding technique that appeals to you.
- Step 4: Start braiding small sections of locs following the chosen technique.
- Step 5: Continue braiding until you achieve the desired intricate design.
- Step 6: Secure the ends of each braid with small hair elastics or fabric.
Faux hawk locs
Faux hawk locs combine the fierceness of a classic faux hawk with the unique texture and versatility of Faux locs. This bold and eye-catching style allows you to showcase your individuality and embrace your edgy side. This style is perfect for attending a music festival, a night out with friends, or simply wanting to make a statement.
- Step 1: Prepare clean and dry locs.
- Step 2: Section your locs into three parts: two smaller side sections and one larger middle section.
- Step 3: Create a raised ridge in the middle section by pushing the locs upward and securing the shape with bobby pins or hairpins.
- Step 4: Style the side sections by twisting or braiding small subsections of locs towards the centre and securing them with hair elastics or bobby pins.
- Step 5: Refine the overall look by adjusting and securing any loose ends or flyaways.
- Step 6: Optional: Personalise the style with decorative accessories like hairpins or beads to add a unique touch.
In conclusion, the world of locs offers many inspiring and versatile styles for every occasion. Whether you're aiming for a formal event, a casual outing, or a special celebration, there's a locs style that will suit your taste and the event's ambience. The possibilities are endless, from elegant updos like the classic loc bun to trendy looks like the faux hawk locs.
Following the step-by-step guides and styling tips in this article, you can confidently experiment with different locs styles and achieve stunning results. Embrace the beauty and versatility of your locs, and let them reflect your unique personality and style.
So, unlock the full potential of your locs, try out new ideas, and make a statement wherever you go. With the Top 10 Locs Styles for Every Occasion as your guide, you can confidently rock your locs and showcase your individuality with style and flair.
What kind of locs does Jay-Z have?
Jay Z rocks a distinctive style of locs known as freeform dreadlocks with congos. This unique look involves allowing the locs to form naturally, with the additional technique of joining two or more locs together to create a fused appearance.
Do locs grow faster in a style?
No. Locs, like any other type of hair, grow fairly consistently regardless of the style. However, maintaining a healthy hair care routine, including regular washing, moisturising, and avoiding excessive tension or manipulation, can promote optimal growth and prevent breakage.
Do you style locs wet or dry?
Styling locs can be done on wet and dry hair, depending on the desired result. Wet styling is often preferred for achieving neat and precise styles, while dry styling allows for more creativity and texture. Experiment with both methods to find what works best for your locs and the desired manner.
What is the best style to start locs?
The best style to start locs is typically a personal preference, as various methods are available. Some popular options include two-strand twists, comb coils, and interlocking. It's important to consult with a professional loctician or do thorough research to determine the method that aligns with your hair texture and desired locs journey.